Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Monday Inspirations

Sorry that this is a day late - I was away - BUT I'm back!
Baking:
My students have pictures of macarons on their notebooks, and they make me hungry EVERYTIME I see them, so I actually wanted to name today's post Macaron Monday (if it was actually Monday) - because I have finally received some almond flour in the mail (I have no food processor so mail order is my only option) and now I am one step closer to having those notebook pictures become a reality. I am on the hunt for a good macaron recipe. Here are a few I have found so far. Feel free to link me if you know of some good ones.
Vanilla Bean Raspberry Macarons

macarons


I think this one is the best option: Macaron 101

Sewing:
I did a tutorial sometime last year about fabric flowers - and it made me happy to find this a few days ago. The tutorial is pretty similar but way easier - seeing as you can use ribbon. I find myself asking, "why didn't I think of this?"
Luckily some one did. Click here for the link.
The blog is called ribbon flowers - go have a look to see what other flowers you can make with ribbons. And this is their main site - Make bows & more.

Happy Tuesday!

0 comments: