Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Book bag...

Here is just a quick post to show you what I've been up to, apart from my general busyness and super procrastination skills...
A friend of mine carries her bible around in her handbag when she has to take the bus and long subway ride to church every Sunday. She has been putting it in a zipper packet so that it doesn't get damaged. So I made her this book bag. Let's pretend it was because I was being nice, but I was actually looking for excuses to take out my new machine.

(I didn't have her bible with me, hence the Novel :)
The flower is a new spring edition to the family - In Afrikaans we call it a Krismisroos and it makes me think of my Gran - she has always had tons of these in her garden. (sorry about the bad lighting)

I hope you are having a gRRRReat week so far.

4 comments:

Sherri B. said...

That is a cute idea for her bible. I have been trying to design a bible cover in my mind for quite sometime bit never thought of this. Lucky for your friend that you got a new machine, hahaha!

Have a wonderful day!

Gabi said...

Thanks Sherri - you too :)

Mrs Ergül said...

What a great idea! What material did you use for it? I always have a book in my bag and will like to protect the corners from fraying too.

Gabi said...

@Pei Lin: I used cotton - an outer layer and a lining layer :)