Well at the beginning of last year I did a post about giving a pin a home and this year I decided to give the pin family another gift. A car. Now they can go road tripping with me. (As there will be tons of that this year - but I will leave that for another post).
Here is the new car :
You will need:
Felt (4 different colours). I used 2mm thickness but you can use something slightly thinner if you want to.
1. Cut out the pieces from the colours that you want. And embroider the windows (I used normal cotton thread that I folded double.)
2. Attach the long straight piece of felt to one of the sides (that you have just embroidered). I used a plain running stitch.
3. Attach the buttons and 'windows' on the back and front, as well as the lights. Once again using a running stitch.
4. Add buttons to the other side of the car (with embroidered windows).
5. And attach this side to the rest of the car. Remember to start sewing from the inside so as not to leave any untidy pieces of thread sticking out in the end.
6. Stuff the car, sew it shut and trim off any unwanted threads or felt edges. But I kind of like the rough edges - it gives it some character and looks like a bumper ;)
7. TA DA!! Step back and admire your work.
Here is to a new year and loads of new adventures!!